New Testament scholar Michael Kruger has produced the following 2 blog series' to help Christians understand how the New Testament canon was developed, presenting 10 facts and 10 misconceptions. These are “designed for a lay-level audience and hopefully could prove helpful in a conversation one might have with a skeptical friend.”. Click on the links to read the full articles.
10 Misconceptions About the New Testament Canon
1. The Term “Canon” Can Only Refer to a Fixed, Closed List of Books
2. Nothing in Early Christianity Dictated That There Would be a Canon
3. The New Testament Authors Did Not Think They Were Writing Scripture
4. New Testament Books Were Not Regarded as Scriptural Until Around 200 A.D.
5. Early Christians Disagreed Widely over the Books Which Made It into the Canon